The Pros and Cons of Buying a Used Safe
Chances are, you are looking for a brand-new safe for keeping your valuables secure. However, older safes can be just as good at protecting your valuables as a new model. While you might think that second-hand safes are going to be unreliable, old and worn out. In truth, you can find some major benefits if you choose older safes. Here are some of the pros and cons of buying used safes.
- Most safes, even older ones, are designed to last many years. If the previous owners have correctly maintained an old safe, it should perform just as well as a new unit. As such, you can use old safes for any purpose where you need security.
- A new safe could be an unaffordable expense for your business or home security. Older safes, however, offer just as much protection as newer models at much more affordable prices.
- Safes often come with a range of unique features, some of which are exclusive to a specific model. If that model is no longer in production, then buying older safes may be the only option to get the security features or design you need.
- All of our safes have a minimum warranty of one year. Should anything happen to the safe during this period, we will have engineers available to repair and reinstate your safe for you.
- Older safes tend to be heavier in design compared to more recent models. You will not have to worry about anyone making off with your safe, these older and heavier models are a great choice for deterring theft.
- While reconditioned safes have excellent security features, often they won’t have the most up-to-date features of the newer models. If you need the very latest security features, older models might not be the best choice.
- Newer safes tend to be lighter compared to the older models. As such, you can install them in a wider range of locations: including hard to reach spaces for greater security.
- If an older safe has been misused or neglected, then chances are it will not offer the same level of security as before. Refurbishment can only do so much, and signs of rust or damage to the locking mechanism should be seen as a red flag.
Refurbished safes from Trident Safes
Here at Trident Safes, we refurbish a wide range of used safes and cabinets to make them as good as new. Our safes offer excellent security of all your goods and are extremely affordable as well. We also supply and install an excellent range of newer safes and vaults for both domestic and commercial clients. Since 2014 we have built a reputation as one of the most trusted specialist companies when it comes to new and refurbished safes.
To find out more about our range of reconditioned safes, please get in touch with us today.